Mar 10, 2012

How to prepare Cabbage Wraps

This dish was inspired by a Chinese cooking book as I was window-shopping at a bookstore one weekend. Again, it's really easy to make, and yet looks great on presentation.

Btw, if I have not mentioned yet. I love flipping through cooking magazines and books, especially those with pictures. However, I don't memorize the recipes, but I will try to recreate the dish on my own, trying to create the same look as that in the pictures. Though I may not succeed at first try, but part of the fun is figuring out the best recipe :P



Ingredients needed:
  • Cabbage (the part nearer to the roots, cut off, as we need the leafy portion)
  • Long spring onions (run through hot water)
  • Mirin 味醂
  • Rice Wine 白米酒
  • Light Soya Sauce
  • Sesame Oil
  • Water
  • Cooking Oil

Filling
  • Minced meat
  • Chopped chestnuts
  • Chopped yam
  • Sotong (diced)
  • prawn (diced)
  • Garlic (diced)
  • Onion (diced)
  • Eggs
  • Corn flour

Seasoning for Filling
  • Light Soya Sauce
  • Sugar
  • Pepper

Method:
1. Mixed all ingredients listed in the filling segment. Add seasoning to flavour.


TIP
You can customise your own filling. :) The filling recipe is based on my mum's recipe.


2. Soak the prepared cabbage in hot water for a while, so that it will be soft.

3. Add a spoonful of filling.

4. Wrap the filling like a parcel.

5. Tie the cabbage roll with the prepared spring onions.

6. Pan-fry the cabbage roll, with seasoning like light soya sauce, mirin and rice wine, and some water. Serve when cooked.

Done~

No comments: