Nov 16, 2009

Snap Snap Excursion to Hidden Corners of Singapore

Without the Snap Snap excursion last Saturday, I wouldn't have discovered these hidden corners of Singapore -
  • A quarry in the mainland (I've always known there are a few at Pulau Ubin though)
  • A dysfunctional railway track tucked away in a housing estate

Eager to find out more? Well, I'll let the photos tell the story :P


Dairy Farm Nature Park


Along the main tracks, it looks very similar to Bukit Timah Hill, or part of the Southern Ridge trail, lots of greenery and occasionally some flowers.

The main attraction rests at the west of the park, the Singapore Quarry:


Here, you can catch a full view of a quarry, something which I missed out from the Pulau Ubin trip I had earlier. The quarry we went to was fenced up, hence, we couldn't get the full view. It's pretty surprising to me that we actually have one on the mainland.






Thanks to Huishan for the tip. This is the result of a little white balance experiment. Doesn't the reflection looks like the sky?

Abandoned Railway Track

Tucked in the housing estate of Sunset Way, opposite Blk 103 Clementi Street 14, is an abandoned railway track.





Do be careful though, the climb up the track is pretty treacherous, especially on a post-rainy day. The path is steep, slippery and muddy. I had a little fall when I was climbing down the slope after the shoot.

Here's where to climb up/ down from:




Thanks to Singapore Discovery Centre & 24seven for organising this Snap Snap outing!

And do check out the SG Tidbits 365 for more trivial facts you've never known about Singapore before.

For more sneak previews of the 2 locations, check out my facebook album.