And I was deeply attracted to the Herb Roasted Scallops recipe by MFAA. That led me to buy scallops from the supermarket on my way home, and the rest is history... tada...
Sidetrack: Most of my images hosted on this blog are linked via my facebook albums... so when facebook decides to change the links, my images get de-linked... :( Pardon for the disappearance of my images.. It will take time to restore them...
Based on the available ingredients & equipment (or lack-of, I do not have any oven) at home, I combined Gordon Ramsay's recipe with MAFF's recipe, to create the above Pan-fried Scallops with Crispy Toppings.
Here's how I did it:
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 clove of garlic, chopped
- Wholemeal Cracker Crumbs ( 2 - 3 crackers)
- Chopped Spring Onions
The original recipe uses breadcrumbs. As I did not have breadcrumbs at home, I substituted with wholemeal cracker, which I pounded to make crumbs.
1. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat up the frying pan. Ensure that it is hot.
3. Add cooking oil.
4. When the cooking oil is heated, add the scallops in clockwise directions. Pan-fry each side for about 1.5 to 2 minutes.
Watch the video below for Gordon Ramsay's instructions:
1. Melt the butter in the frying pan.
2. Add the chopped spring onions and garlic.
3. Add pepper for seasoning.
4. Add the wholemeal cracker crumbs. Stir and mix well.
1. Add the toppings on the scallops. Add parlsey as garnishing to serve.
There you go~ Pan-fried Scallops with Crispy Toppings.
I will try with breadcrumbs the next time.
Hope you like this dish!