Aug 16, 2010

Health Check

Health checks in Japan require us to fill up a survey of our dietary and exercise habits, too. It somehow reminds me of the surveys that the Health Promotion Board conducts, too, especially when I came across the question on my vegetable and salt intake. :P


A translated copy in English with sample answers.

It’s 2+2 every day in Singapore; over here, it does not specify the servings, but we should include vegetables every day.


A closeup on the questions on dietary and exercise habits.

I think I definitely meet the 2+2 quota in Japan. Vegetables have become a stable in my cooking, since they are cheaper and last longer. :)

Btw for new JETs, the health check is taken during the second orientation in your respective prefecture and it includes:
  • Height and weight
  • Blood pressure
  • Waist circumference
  • ECG
  • X-ray
  • Urine test
  • Blood test

For those above age 30, you will need to take a stool test as well. Remember to increase your fibre intake before the second orientation at your prefecture.