Mar 11, 2012

How to Bake Cakes Using the Rice Cooker

The rice cooker is an amazing machine~

Tonight, I went beyond making varieties of rice dishes, and ventured into the baking arena with the rice cooker! I have been wanting to try this banana cake recipe which I received from Shaunna sempai when I had just moved to Japan. However, in the end, I didn't have a chance to try it with my Japanese rice cooker.

This time, inspired by Shar's recent post about her rice cooker banana cake attempt, I decided that I shan't procrastinate further. It's time to give the rice cooker a try.



Not bad isn't it? \(^_^)/


Ingredients needed
  • 300g Pancake Mix 
  • 1 Egg (beaten) 
  • 2 tablespoons of Sugar 
  •  200ml of Milk 
  • 1/3 bar of Butter (for mixture) 
  • 1/3 bar of Butter (for greasing) 
  • 1 Banana (mashed) 
  • Chocolate Bits Almond bits 

Method
1. Cut the baking chocolate bar into bits.

TIP
It's probably easier to use chocolate chips. I had to chop the bar into bits as there's what i already had. :P

2. Melt 1/3 bar of the butter for greasing the rice cooker.

3. Mix the rest of the ingredients, till a smooth mixture is formed.

4. Grease the rice cooker.

TIP
Grease well, otherwise the cake may stick to the cooker, and disintegrate when you try to serve it on a plate.
Alternatively, you can use parchment paper.

5. Pour the mixture into the rice cooker.

6. Press "start". You may need to keep repeat a few rounds. To know when it is cooked, test with a toothpick/ chopstick. If it does not stick, it's done. :)

Tada~ There you have... now you can bake without an oven!

No comments: