Dec 18, 2009

Experimenting Lei Cha (擂茶)

I've heard of Lei Cha, 擂茶, but I've never seen the dish, let alone try the dish.

All I know about the dish before today, was that it comprises of many vegetables, whereby you will mix with rice, and tea. Mixing with vegetables was imaginable, as it sounds like the korean dish, bibimbap. But adding tea? Mmm.. I really can't imagine how it will taste like.

Thanks to Huishan's mum, I get to try Lei Cha for the first time tonight! :)

Here are the steps:

Step 1

The spread. Yup, you will need to prepare several vegetable dishes.

Step 2

Mix the vegetables with the rice.

Step 3

Add the tea-based soup.

And wa-la-, there you have, the complete Lei Cha.

I've heard that it's pretty good for digestion, and you will experience it the next morning :P In addition, from this site, Lei Cha seemed to have quite a few medical value.

Anyway, having more vegetables in our diet is never wrong, as we all need at least 2 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruits every day.

Think I've met my 2+2 today. :)