Oct 16, 2016

How to make Honey Baked Chicken Wings

QQ is back from her hiatus. I'm now a proud owner of an oven~ I will be exploring different dishes using my oven every weekend. *keeping fingers crossed.* Well, there are hits and misses, so I will only share the "hits" with everyone. So far, I have tried baking honey baked chicken wings, potato chips, egg tarts and Chinese-style roast pork. I still have a long list of food that I want to try baking! Gambarimasu!

Now sharing with everyone, my first hit with my new toy-- Honey Baked Chicken Wings.


Ingredients needed

  • 16-18 Chicken Wings
  • 2 tablespoons of Manuka Honey or 6 tablespoons of Honey
  • 3 tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons of Sesame Oil
  • 0.5 teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
  • 2 teaspoons of Chinese Cooking Wine


Method
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Marinate the chicken wings and leave the mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 220*C.
4. Place the chicken wings on the grills.

TIP
Coat the tray with aluminium foil and place it at the bottom of oven, to collect dripping sauces and oil.
-QQ learnt this the hard way-

5. Bake the chicken wings at top 1/3 of the oven.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes.
7. Lower the temperature to 180*C and bake for another 15 minutes.

TIP
You may adjust the timing according. Do check the colour of the chicken skin. When it is slightly brown and charred, it's ready.

And there you go, a very fuss-free oven dish. Perfect for potluck parties~

1 comment:

devin12 said...

Very informative Now, My honeybaked ham feedback needs your candid feedback and opinions to develop the honey-baked ham and other dishes to your taste and better serve you check out now.