Feb 18, 2011

My Random Encounter with One Piece

The twitter was abuzz with tweets on snow in Tokyo, so I was excitedly expecting to see some snowflakes during my weekend in Tokyo to meet up with a couple of Singaporean friends. Neh, it did not snow when I went, it rained instead. (-_-)"

But while roaming around Tokyo on my own before the shopping spree with my friends, I had a random encounter with one of the most famous people in Japan... Luffy and his gang from One Piece! Well... they aren't exactly real people, though fictional, they are very famous.

I was roaming aimlessly around 秋葉原(Akihabara), when I spotted long queues at the ベルサール秋葉原. Lucky me! The 魂 (Tamashii) Feature's Volume 2 exhibition was held at 秋葉原 for 2 days, 11th and 12th of February.

It was free entry, and they displayed quite a lot of toy figurines, including famous ones like One Piece (it's the central attraction- all One Piece characters toy figurines were displayed!), Ultraman, Gundam and Doraemon. Phototaking was only allowed for certain timing. Twice lucky! I could take pictures during that time. But the famous toy figurines... we couldn't take pictures of them. 残念だ。


The only picture which I have containing some One Piece figurines.




Ultraman at the 体験 corner, where you can try assembling the figurine.


Another figurine at the 体験 corner.


可愛い!







You can also buy their special figurines on sale. But some were already sold out by the last (aka second) day.



I did not buy anything, but I went home with a wonderful door gift:


My One Piece file :)

If you missed the one at 秋葉原, you can still catch it at the last show in Japan or the only show in Taiwan:
Act 2- Osaka
Venue: 梅田クリスタルホール
Date: 20 Feb 2011
Time: 9am to 5pm

Act 3-Taipei
Venue: 華山1914創意文化園區 東三館烏梅酒廠
Date: 18 Mar to 20 Mar 2011
Time: 12nn to 9pm (1st day); 10am to 9pm (2nd day); 10am to 8pm (3rd day)

For more details. (eg map)

Entrance fee: Free

Have fun! :D