Nov 12, 2009

A Day Away from the Hustle & Bustle

To give myself a short trip away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, I took a short retreat to... nope, it wasn't overseas (though I will very much hope that's possible)... Sentosa.

I booked a morning session of spa and facial (A first time experience for me!) at Spa Bontanica. The moment I stepped into Spa Bontanica, I felt as if I was transported to a faraway resort. Very relaxing lemongrass fragrance, lots of greens (my favourite colour!), welcoming receptionist, soothing sounds of nature...



And how did I stumble across such a wonderful place?
There's a 20% discount promotion going on right now for selected packages.
I took the "Spa Detox Package", which includes 1 hour of East -West Blend Massage, 1 hour of Rose Aromatherapy Facial and 2-course lunch.

Though it stated 2-course lunch, it was like a 3-course to me, as there's a starter - bread, included as well. You can also pick either of this combination: salad and main course or main course and dessert. I chose the former:




This is my favorite! Daikon roll with sashimi. The watermelons are very sweet and juicy!


I'm not that impressed with this main course though. Nevertheless you can picked another main course from the long list.

The massage and facial were so relaxing that I dozed off briefly.
You can choose between indoor or outdoor to have your massages as well.

And after lunch, I was free to use their facilities such as jacuzzi, mud pool, waterfall pool and swimming pool as well. The therapist suggested this sequence to me:
  1. mud pool
  2. waterfall pool
  3. jacuzzi

The jacuzzi was located indoors, so by trying it last, you can then conveniently proceed to showering and packing after that.

As it was a weekday afternoon, there were very few guests. Most of them are Caucasians, who probably stayed at "The Sentosa" hotel. Hence, while I tried out their facilities, I was alone all the time, it seemed almost like I booked the entire area for myself! Hahahaha...

Next time, if you need to have a short getaway, and yet not too far off, you can try Sentosa, and Spa Bontanica. :)

(P.S: They have free shuttle bus service from Vivo City to the spa and hotel as well. It's running at half-hourly intervals.)